Office365 Project Meeting Minutes
June 5, 2015 2-3 p.m.
Participants : Mahmood Hasan remotely, Roseanne Sciacchitano, Jennifer Mahato, Chien Shih, Deepa Prasad, Claire Chang, Linda Koyama
- Site Collection Administrators have the highest level of privileges, currently Roseanne and Claire.
- Roseanne asked if the owner designation can be transferred to someone else and Deepa said yes. At some time it will be Susan Boraston's responsibility to add and delete users.
- Roseanne will send a complete list of the entire facilities staff and their access level
- Facilities Team Site members will have read/write privileges (upload, ability to invite members but needs owner approval) that manages uploading documents.
- Everyone in Facilities will be given site collection Visitors access which have read only capabilities for everything in the site; however, if an owner changes the access for a particular library for instance, they can stop the inheritance of read access from the site collection level and limit it to a certain subset of people
- Now that we are getting close to going live, Chien would like Facilities to think about how exactly they will use the site? How many drawings will they have? No estimate now.
- Outside vendors like Gilbane can be invited to a project work area. They would need to have a Microsoft account.
- Jennifer wanted to know if you could synch calendars of different projects. No.
- Every time you update the calendar, do the project members receive an e-mail? Claire will ask the consultant.
- You can change the file structure for each project.
- Changes to drawings would need to be downloaded edited and re-loaded; used more for history.
- Facilities Team Site Owners have total administrator capabilities, controls what level each person will have.
- Anyone can send a read only link to view a document.
- Chien drew a picture of the site hierarchy for us to better understand the access privileges.
- We have about one full week before Facilities goes live.
- Titles are searchable.