ETS: Sunapsis Project Team Meeting

 Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes

September 30, 2015 2:00-3:00 p.m.

Attendees:   Vinita Bali, Sherri Mines, Joseph Ng, Chien Shih, Mahmood Hasan, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam Yazdi,  Linda Koyama

  1. Intake form update
    1. Both colleges are in agreement regarding mandatory and optional fields on the intake web form.  Sherri provided copies of the marked up hard copy form, showing which fields will be on the intake form and which fields will be moved to an Sunapsis e-form, including mandatory and  optional fields.  (Optional means the field must appear on the intake form but can be left blank by the student).

    2. ETS will target to have it done by the end of October.  ETS will have a electronic mock up (no drop downs, no validation) by the next meeting on October 15th.

    3. In addtion to the intake webform, they will need an Application FAQ help webpage including screenshots (Joseph and Sherri will work on it).

    4. Once the student submits the info on the webform, a Post submission webpage (one for each college) will also need to be created, with a list of things the student will need to prepare for the next step.

    5. We will use OU's form builder on the ETS website with a data link to OU's MySQL database. ETS and Lee will need to learn how to access the data in the database and how to maintain the database.

    6. There will be no autosave capability at this time.  Since the form has been reduced to 1 1/2 pages, it's to the student's advantage to complete it at one sitting.  There shouldn't be a timeout for the web form.
  2. Outstanding issues
    1. Two fields are still not showing up in Sunapsis.  Matt Reynolds hopes to have this resolved by the end of the week.  Once this is resolved, the production database will be cloned for the test instance.

    2. Katia and Ryan is working on setting up the test instance.

    3. Sherri, Ryan and Katia are working on purchasing the SEVIS certificate and installing it.

    4. Our priority is to have everything ready for Matt Reynolds' visit Oct. 19-21st, 2015.
  3. Next steps
      1. Joseph is proposing to move Lee's engagement to the beginning of November (Joseph will be on vacation the last week of October).  Chien will contact Lee McDonald to reserve his time for the first two weeks of November.  By end of December, we hope to have the front end portion completed.  If we need OU consulting time, please let Chien know. 

      2. Jim reiterated that the update into Sunapsis will only happen once a day via batch import.

      3. Creation of the e-forms is independent of the front end design.  Once the student has been admitted, on a nightly basis, an output file will be created (CCC clone) to import back into Banner (Lee's responsibility).   After the import, the student will be able to access MyPortal and register into classes.  

      4. Target:  Finish the programming effort by February, 2016 and start testing (one month).  Hopefully go live in April, for summer intensive.

      5. Next meeting:  October 15th @ 1 p.m.