Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes
August 16, 2016 2-3 pm
Attendees: Lee McDonald remotely; Sherri Mines, Joseph Ng, Chien Shih, Mahmood Hasan, Chris Dubeau, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama
- Status Update
- Sherri informed us that per Vinita's request, we are not going live with the online application for winter 2017 as planned. Vinita has asked Sherri to stop working on the current project.. Vinita has told Sherri that she has received so many complaints about the front end and the 24 hour issue that she has instructed Sherri to search for alternate forms software to try to get a nicer front end that would save in-process, have multiple pages and handle documents. This would involve rewriting the common match and download into Sunapsis portion of the project.
- Up to 24 hour delay: From the time the student completes the online application, it may take up to 24 hours before they receive an email to log into Sunapsis due to the batch nature of Sunapsis where you can only load new students once every morning. If they complete the entire application upfront, they are told to wait 2-3 weeks for review so that they are unaware of any time lag. Once the entire application is completed, it would run through common matching, load into Sunapsis, the application would be reviewed by the ISO staff, and then an email would be sent to the student to say they have been admitted with the login to Sunapsis and complete the information to ship their I-20 or something is missing with next steps.
- It cannot be accomplished with the current OU form because they cannot save in-process and there is no conditional logic.
- We will touch base with Lee once we define the direction of the project.
- Sherri warned Vinita that it would probably be considered a brand new project and will take additional time to complete, guessing at least another year.
- Sherri is researching alternatives and needs to report back to Vinita in the next two weeks.
- Most of the forms and checklists that Sherri created in Sunapsis will not be used.
- De Anza's position is whatever product is put forth to them.
- Next steps:
- Chien will reach out to Vinita. He will suggest to go live first for a couple of quarters, while Sherri continues to look for a 3rd party alternative. He will see if Vinita will allow Sherri to continue to work with Lee to finish the admitted students upload back into Banner.
- 126.96.36.199 patch was released. Katia will apply it in test and will notify Sherri and Joseph to let her know how long it takes to apply.
- Sherri submitted a ticket to delete some old alert table entries. Katia will take care of it.
- Lee has the specs for the load back into Banner. Chien will tallk to Lee to finish this last piece quickly if Vinita allows it and will schedule a conference call with Lee and Sherri.
- Once Lee's upload to Banner is complete, we will have a walk through with the project team. Once everything is working from end to end, we will bring Vinita in to show her the entire process.