ETS: Sunapsis Project Team Meeting

 Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes

March 8, 2016 2:00-3:00 p.m.

Attendees:   Sherri Mines, Mahmood Hasan, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama

  1. Project Status
      1. Report from Lee:
          1. Jim requested documentation from Lee, including the name of the procedure to load the information into the Oracle table and the name of the application file in the dacbt folder.   Lee said he would send out a complete set of instructions of what needs to be done this afternoon or this evening (3/8). Sherri will generate some manual applications and will send it to Jim and Katia who will place it in the dacbt folder.  
          2. Lee has not loaded any of the sample applications into TST8 that Sherri had sent because he doesn't have the ability to put a file out there to read.
          3. Lee sent a new form yesterday to take care some of the errors on the intake form.  It should be ready in TST8.
          4. Lee will let Jim know when the new form and package information is moved to PROD so that Hasan can recompile the form and access can be granted for certain users.  Lee will finish this this evening.
      2. Sherri says they need one more field to be added to the Oracle table for the intake form.  If the term code ends in 1, enter FHC, and if its 2 enter DAC in one of the custom fields. 
      3. Once phase 2 testing is complete, we will refresh TST8.
      4. Sherri is still working with Sunapsis on the Admission Report output field order issue.  Lee wants a PC version, not the Mac version so Sherri will need to reorder the excel conversion table.  It will always be a manual process because Sherri needs to enter the date of admits  to run the report.  It is possible to create a Sunapsis data load area on the Banner server where Sherri can place the file.  Hasan will set this up and and give Sherri the access info.
      5. Upcoming Sevis upgrades
          1. Next minor one targeted for March 18th.  
          2. Another minor update in May.  
          3. Major release sometime around the end June.  
          4. Another major release in August.
      6. GPA rounding and preferred name is working fine.
      7. Katia checked with OU that the next OU upgrade will not wipe out our fixes.  Katia will keep a backup of the changes.
      8. Sherri wants to make sure that the test and PROD Sunapsis databases will be backed up.  Katia will double check and will also touch base with Ryan.
      9. No changes to the timeline. Sherri felt that we could wrap everything up by end of April.
      10. Sherri is starting to prepare for training the admissions people at Foothill.
      11. Bill will need to set up access for any new people.
      12. Chris and Katia will continue to support Sunapsis once Jim retires.
      13. Linda will reschedule the next meeting scheduled for March 22nd since Jim will be out.  The meeting scheduled for the first week of April will also need to be rescheduled (Jim will be out March 28-April 8).