ETS: Sunapsis Project Team Meeting

 Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes

February 23, 2015 1:30-2:30 p.m.


Participants:   Lee McDonald remotely, Sherri Mines, Mahmood Hasan, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam-Yazdi 

  1.  Last Sunday Lee started working again on the project and gave a list of questions for Sherri to answer. Sherri has provided the answers and Lee will be making some adjustments to his code based on the responses.


  2.  Working with Sunapsis support, Sherri is able to get the consistent output fields now but only on her computer. She hopes to have a Sunapsis output test file ready foe Lee with fixed field columns by the end of this week.

  3. For Common Matching, if multiple studnet with same Last name and birthdate, Lee will put them in suspense.

  4. No problems with Intake form, it works good.

  5. After Lee completes these last changes in Common matching by tonight or tomorrow, Sherri will test one last time before Lee will move all his work in to PROD.

  6. Lee is hopeful to get the Appllication piece ready for testing by next week.

  7. Lee will provide the documentation and source code of all his work to Jim.

  8. For the Sunapsis output file going into Banner, we will use the same directory on the database server as the
    one used for In take process but will use different filename for Lee to process.

  9.  One combined Sunapsis output file for both DA and FH.

  10. Sherri got an email that Sevis will be coming out with another upgrade around March 25th and that means
    another Sunapsis upgrade will be coming around that time for us to apply.

  11.  Last Sunapsis upgrade Katia completed is now in PROD and works well

  12. Project Timeline is still, Open Sunapsis to only selected groups of students for Fall 2016 for which the application timke starts around May/June 2016 and then go live in Production full blown in Winter 2017 for which the application procoess will start around Sep/Oct 2016.

  13.  Sherri will need to work with Jim (and Jim's designee future support) on making logic change for Preferred Name/Chosen Name vs Real Name in the Sunapsis system.

  14.  Sherri will also need to add Cumulative GPA to the Student.xml output file from Banner going into Sunapsis which is generated nightly via a job.

  15. Currently Sherri thinks there are no show stoppers and project is on track to be completed by the time Jim retires for the most part.

  16. For training and future Sunapsis support for Jim's work, Katia from PMO and Chris from BCG nominated by Jerrick will be trained by Jim starting when he makes the above two changes for item 13 and 14.