Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes
November 17, 2015 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Attendees: Lee McDonald remotely; Sherri Mines, Joseph Ng, Chien Shih, Mahmood Hasan, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama
- Project Status
- Jim sent Lee information regarding the intake data. He also sent him a description
file and a sample pipe delimited file. The description file was a previous version
so the two files did not match. Lee was instructed to review the load procedure that
Jim created for the correct information. In addition, the sample file has two email
addresses and Lee is not sure what to do with the second email.
- Katia is working on a program to extract the intake data from the OU SQL database
into a text file.
- Jim's program will take this text file to load an Oracle table and extract element
value information from Banner (i.e. term and country codes) since the OU drop downs
only contain descriptive information. Common matching will be by first name, last
name, gender and DOB. This will be used to retrieve or create CWID in Banner.
- Lee will create a common matching form for duplicates or corrections which will require
manual review by the ISO staff.
- If it is a new student, a spriden and spbpers record will be created.
- An XML file will be created from the intake application and used to load student data
- Students will then complete the Sunapsis admissions e-form process to generate an
- Sunapsis will generate a report of admitted students to update Banner, similar to
the OpenCCCApply application process.
- Target go live February for summer 2016 applicants. Hopefully the International students
application load into Banner will be ready by the end of February.
- Sunapsis will be updated once a day, either late at night or early in the morning,
before anyone gets on the system.
- Sherri has been working with Sunapsis support on the test server which was having
problems with the capability of uploading and downloading forms from the test server to
the production server which has been resolved today.
- Joseph is having trouble with major descriptions. Sevis major descriptions are different
than the Banner descriptions. There may be a workaround to use academic plan type
which will require updates to the mapping.
- Both schools are happy with the intake form.
- Sevis is planning to upgrade at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec to add additional
fields; we are waiting for a final date.
- CCCID will not be assigned for international students.
- We need to decide how long to keep info on SQL database. It was installed on the
web server, open to the world. It was moved behind the firewall for security purposes.
- Each application will be date stamped which is passed to Sunapsis.
- Jim sent Lee information regarding the intake data. He also sent him a description file and a sample pipe delimited file. The description file was a previous version so the two files did not match. Lee was instructed to review the load procedure that Jim created for the correct information. In addition, the sample file has two email addresses and Lee is not sure what to do with the second email.
- Take Away Items:
- ETS will refresh TST8 and have it locked down.
- Lee will contact Jim or Hasan if he has any questions.
- Katia will continue working on the text file extract from the SQL database and flagging records that have already been pulled.
- A directory called Sunapsis will be created on the database server. A similar directory structure will be created in TST8.
- Sherri and Joseph will add more test students through the intake form.
- Katia will change the order of the terms to summer, fall, winter, spring.
- We will ask Lee for an estimate when he can deliver the Banner forms, and discuss the international application at the next meeting.
- Sherri and Joseph will work on the FAQ page.
- Katia will modify the intake form page by removing the google search and the links in the header and footer. She will add links to both international student offices at the top of the form, adding the Foothill and De Anza logos.
- Sherri and Joseph will touch base with the DSPS offices for suggestions on wording to inquire if a student will need special accommodations.
- Next meeting: Dec. 1, 2015 @ 2 p.m.