Office365 Project Meeting Minutes
May 22, 2015 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Participants : Tom Armstrong and Vedran Jagodic remotely, Roseanne Sciacchitano, Mahmood Hasan, Deepa Prasad, Claire Chang, Linda Koyama
- Folders: Currently there are 3 top-level folders under documents for the Facilities Site,
one for De Anza, Foothill and Middlefield. We need to change the Middlefield to
District and need to add two more folders for Middlefield and Education Center (Vedran
changed it during the demo). We will add the Education Center building subfolders
in the future.
- Vedran walked through the Facilities Team Site. He went through a demo for uploading
a document. The documents are searchable. It is possible to assign a unique document
ID to each document. This feature has not been enabled yet; a naming convention for
the prefix needs to be decided. Version comments are not mandatory but is suggested
to be used. The file name can be modified but the extension is not modifiable. The
title will show up on the site, as opposed to the filename. Going to the specific
document, clicking the three dots, you can share with the team. You can give read
only or edit rights. You can add a message that will accompany the e-mail (e-mail
is optional). When the person you are sharing the document with receives the e-mail,
a link to the document will be provided within the e-mail.
- Vedran also demonstrated how the newsfeed works within your personal Onedrive space
which will follow changes.
- To share with external users, they will need a windows Microsoft Live account. Can
we share a link to the document? Or can we e-mail them the document? Vedran said
that it will take some steps on the back end to take into account security and policy.
We can share documents with everyone within the district who now have an Office365
- You can have a local copy of your desktop documents using the sync option. Also there
is a drag and drop option.
- Claire informed us that to use OneDrive you will need to install separate software
on your desktop to use it.
- We need to determine the storage requirement for the team site. There are approximately
40 people in Facilities with most needing only read access.
- Links can be sent to a mobile phone that have a QR code scanner software.
- If you change the folder names and you have many documents in it already, the links
may break. For new folder names, it was recommended not to have spaces in the name.
- Vedran also recommended not to go too deep with folder creations. He recommended
that we create a new library for floor plans with a different access level.
- You can copy an existing library structure by opening both libraries in internet explorer
and drag and drop the folders in the new empty library. You do not need to sync in
- Several groups have been created. Team members can upload and modify documents in
existing libraries. Owners can change structures, permssions, add libraries and manage
users (Roseanne was added as an owner). Visitors have read only access and must have
an Office365 account. There is a way to grant access to external users.
- Roseanne will need an easy way to temporarily sharing drawings with external users
similar to drop box by possibly sharing a link. ETS will need to investigate.
- Deepa shared with Roseanne that she has updated the specs according to Roseanne's
- For the floor plans, Roseanne said that you won't need to replicate the drawings folder
structure; only one folder per location: (De Anza, Foothill, Middlefield, District,
- Roseanne is okay with the delivery date change to June 15, 2015.
- Next steps:
Roseanne will start to upload a few documents into the building subfolders to see how it works.
- Vedran will finish adding the building subfolders for Middlefield and will send a confirmation when he is finished.
- Roseanne will send Deepa a simplified folder structure for the project workspace.
- Roseanne will verify the floor plan security and the folders for floor plans (no need for individual building folders, only one folder for each site) with Steve.
- Claire will enable the licenses for Tom Armstrong and Jennifer Mahato.
- Deepa will send Roseanne the FNTI contact.
- Roseanne will start to work on the project template structure.
- Next meeting: May 26th at 9:30 a.m. in D260.