Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes
August 4, 2015 11:00 a.m.-noon
Attendees: Joseph Ng remotely, Vinita Bali, Sherri Mines, Jerrick Woo, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama
- The latest upgrade has been installed (3.2.2) on the production instance. One more
bug fix scheduled in August and most likely one more at a later date due to SEVIS
system bug fixes.
- The nightly cron job will be scheduled for 5 a.m. for both Foothill and De Anza.
- Once the servers are verified, Jim will send Sherri an F1 XML file.
- Sunapsis validation tables will need to be verified.
- Majors are almost ready to go; should be ready to load by Thursday (8/6). Sherri
is waiting for clarification whether we can load them all together or if it needs
to be done separately for each college. She has the direction on how to upload them
from a CSV file into the tables.
- Ryan and Katia are working on the test instance.
- A conference for Technical and Functional users is being held in October. Hopefully
someone from ETS will be able to attend. Sherri has copies of the conference schedule
from last year as an example of sessions offered.
- Site visit on October 19-21st. They plan to:
- Verify the production system
- Validate the SEVIS imports
- Validate the Banner imports
- If time allows, provide some training
- Omniupdate: Omniupdate is still waiting for the P.O. A meeting with Omniupdate will
be scheduled next week to discuss the server requirements for the forms module. Katia
will be designing the intake form; it still needs to be determined if the web masters
from both colleges will be maintaining the form. Terms and dates will need to be
updated on an ongoing basis.
- 85% of the e-forms are complete for the look and feel. Once it has been approved
by both colleges, Sherri will start working on the back end.
- Lee has some availability in October; Chien will need to lock in his availability.
Lee will be working on the download the intake form to retrieve or create the CWID
from Banner. He will also be using the e-form to create an application process that
will be inserted into Banner.
- Touchnet Marketplace demo was held 7/29/15: No decision at this time. De Anza may
not use it. For now, we will continue to use the paper forms for shipping and application
fees. Bernata from Foothill is determined to find some payment solution, whether
it is Campus Marketplace or something else; it may be a part of phase II. They are
waiting for a quote. Both cashier offices have different policies for processing
the current paper forms. If we do implement Campus Marketplace, the plan is for the
Sunapsis application to include a link to each college's International Office Marketplace
- Phase II modifications:
- (target fall 2016) Electronic TOEFL scores would need to be uploaded directly into Sunapsis. Currently it does not go into Banner since the scores cannot be used to determine placement. Other Sunapsis schools have already implemented the upload.
- For Foothill, high school transcripts are scanned into a secure server which are shared
with academic counselors; they are in the process of moving to BDMS (De Anza's transcripts
are scanned through A & R directly into BDMS.) Years of history need to be moved
to BDMS, number of years to be determined.
- There will be images that need to show up on e-forms, i.e. copies of I-20s or passports
with the information needed circled. Katia said that the images can be uploaded on
a location on a server that could be accessed by Sunapsis.
- Sherri e-mailed a copy of the mock up of the intake form to everyone on July 15th.