Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes
July 15, 2015 2-3 p.m.
Attendees: Vinita Bali, Sherri Mines, Joseph Ng, Mahmood Hasan, Jerrick Woo, Jim Clow, Ryan Anthony, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama
- For the custom intake form, the form module paperwork with Omniupdate is in process.
- Microsoft SQL server and Cold Fusion licenses have been received last week; Ryan and
will work on creating the test instance once Ryan has moved to Foothill.
- The large Sunapsis update will be applied to both the production version as well
as the new test instance.
- Timeline: We will shoot for early August for the upgrade to the production and subsequently
to the test instance.
- Jim and Sherri will need to work on the Banner feed after the Sunapsis update to take
into account the additional fields being added.
- We purchased a web based certificate and personal certificate to SEVIS for PROD; we
will need to purchase another personal certificate to SEVIS for test and can use the
free web based certificate that doesn't expire but pops up a warning message prior
- We can refresh PRODN after BOG Fee Waiver Application is moved to production and use it for testing.
- When Indiana University comes, they will:
- Verify the data feed,
- Test the Sevis connection
- Load initial and active students from Sevis
- Lee will become involved when we have the OU forms available. We will start inviting
him to the meetings from August. Sherri said it will be necessary to modify the intake
form from time to time with updated quarters in the drop down, and for deadlines and
orientation dates. Sherri would like to know who will be responsible for managing
these dates on the form.
- There are hundreds of F-1s that are enrolled in other universities that take classes
at our campuses. We do not need to track these students. Currently, CCCApply does
not have other options; A & R must manually change them to F-X. They need to get
a permission letter from the university to study at our campus, complete a CCCApply
application and they choose F-1. (All F-1s go into suspense). A & R releases the
hold and changes the visa type from F-1 to an internal district code of F-X. It may
be possible to search by another criteria to determine whether to add the student
to Sunapsis or come up with a special F code for international students that belong
to our schools.
- When our students are admitted, Sherri would like Lee set the attributes that define
international students belonging to us (INT1, ISI1, INT2, ISI2) automatically and
push them into Banner at the same time.
- Matt Reynolds will be coming in October. Sherri will verify if he will look at both
test and prod.
- Sherri would like to access Sunapsis off campus. VPN can be set up for her. The
production version needs to be accessed by all students.
- Sherri will be going through an intensive training in Indiana in early October on
checklists, to learn how to move students from stage to stage. This training is
only offered once per year; no webinar is available. De Anza will consider sending
- Sherri has a mock intake form designed. She will send it the group as a PDF.
- Hopefully more info regarding Touchnet Marketplace will be presented on Wed. July 29th by Kevin McElroy. The next Sunapsis meeting will be rescheduled to Tuesday, July 28th at 11 a.m.