ETS: Sunapsis Project Team Meeting

 Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes

March 24, 2016 10:30-11:30 am

Attendees:   Sherri Mines, Mahmood Hasan, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama

  1. With Banner XE, the forms will change but the backend most likely will not change.
  2. Project Status:
      1. Sherri sent a new output file to Lee (Sherri added a new gender field).  Jim loaded it.  Lee is working on modifying the code.
      2. Records in suspense were not leaving suspense.  When you process and save it and move to the next record, it should disappear from the suspense file.  Lee provided a reprocess button to push the records through.  Both save and reprocess buttons need to be pressed.  Sherri will continue to test.
      3. Lee and Sherri are getting a strange error in TST8, for anybody's student record.  ETS will try and refresh TST8 to see if clears the problem.  We will wait until Vicki returns.
      4. Sherri completed a full test for entering everything for the application, uploading all their documents, waiting for the email. Sherri worked on bugs or inconsistencies while reviewing as a staff member in Sunapsis.
      5. Still having an issue with the Sunapsis report order; the order of the columns (37) changes when using a different computer (Consistent for the same machine).   Nothing new to report from Sunapsis with the outstanding ticket.  Sherri needs to manually translate values (bus. ad. major needs to be translated to 1BUS).  Sherri hopes to automate this translation with macros or putting it in ACCESS.
      6. Sevis introduced some bugs last week which resulted in records stuck in batch. We have been requested to report any batches stuck for more than 24 hours. 
  3. Looking to the future
      1. Changes to fields, new Sevis rules or Banner changes, should not happen often.   Sherri will enter a KACE ticket for any needed form or field modifications.
      2. Jim has briefed Lourdes about the Sunapsis project in case she needs any info for MIS reporting.
      3. Katia will update the terms manually, hopefully once a year; Sherri will enter a KACE ticket when changes are needed.
      4. We hope to have everything in place by the end of April.  Subsequent meetings will be scheduled on an as needed basis.
      5. FSAAtlas and Louise records going back to 2001 will need to be accessible for a while longer as required by law (required at least 3 years after the student leaves).  Future discussion needed to archive the data, possibly in Excel.
  4. Take away items
      1. Jim will follow up with Lee regarding the code changes this week (by 3/25/16).  Jim will be out of the office from March 28th-April 8th.
      2. Sherri will need access to the data load area, how to log in and where to put the file.  Sherri has VPN for remote access.
      3. The webpages will need to be updated before we go live.  Sherri can provide direct links for testing.
      4. Select students will be entered for fall quarter; will open to all students for winter quarter.
      5. At the end of April, Sherri will conduct a full walk-through of evaluating an application with Foothill admission staff,  Joseph Ng and a few others from De Anza.
      6. Sherri will continue to test Phase 2.
      7. Jim and Katia will work on job automation in preparation to move to production.  Lee will need to be involved for Phase 3 jobs.  Some days there may be no one admitted.  Date/time stamp may be needed as well as file archival. 
      8. Chris will be invited to the meetings in April.
      9. Sherri will submit a ticket to change the quarter on the student.xml for the feed.   Sherri will email Hasan with the ticket number.
      10. Hasan will ask the call center to add the Sunapsis category for ticket requests.