ETS: Sunapsis Project Team Meeting

 Sunapsis Project Meeting Minutes

February 10, 2016 2:00-3:00 p.m.

Attendees:   Sherri Mines, Mahmood Hasan, Jim Clow, Katia Rostam Yazdi, Linda Koyama

  1. Project Status
      1. Intake form:  Lee has made changes to match error codes on the form.  The intake form itself is working great.
      2. Admit to Banner app:  
          1. Sherri sent a sample file with the Sunapsis fields, Banner fields, and values (fixed and variable) to Lee.  Lee is not available this week due to a project at Lee's school.  He will hopefully start next week.
          2. Sunapsis report bug:  Sherri has a ticket open with Sunapsis for a problem that Sunapsis was able to replicate with the report build.  Sherri has sent them requested screen shots.  The report ends up in two different configurations if run on two different computers.  It is inconsistent, not computer type dependent.  Rows A-F are always the same; G forward are in a different order.  The file sent to Lee was created manually by Sherri.  
          3. Daily Manual Process needed:  On a daily basis, Sherri will need to run a report of all students who have been admitted today.  She would have to do a conversion manually on that data to plug in values (i.e SEVIS codes to Banner major codes).  It would only work if the raw data is in a consistent order.  Sherri can still work on the conversion columns and tables without knowing the order.
      3. Suspense forms:  Sherri will verify if the personal email field fix has been done.
      4. Time table for go live:  Officially they will not open up the online application to the public until the winter 2017 season (applications in August, September, October).  They don't think everything will be ready by fall season (applications submitted in April, May, June for fall).  We may be able to ask a few agents to enter a few fall applications to test.  
      5. Because of Jim's upcoming retirement (end of April), Hasan is hoping to finalize Lee's backend Banner application portion by mid-April so that we have a chance to finalize and pass the project to BCG. 
      6. Sunapsis may not be available this Friday (2/12) due to the data center work.
      7. Through testing, Sherri discovered that Sunapsis automatically adds a space in place of commas in the address.  The OU output file is pipe delimited.
      8. Sherri gave us a demo from the student side.  An email will be generated on the intake side (not finalized; waiting for the webpage address from Bradley).   When an item goes onto the admissions checklist, an email will be sent to the student with the sunapsis login information.  
  2. Take away items
      1. The new release is out for 3.2 for currrent students.  Katia will apply it tomorrow morning (2/11) in the test system.
      2. Sherri is hoping to do a few more tests before we can move the intake form to PROD and release and refresh TST8.
      3. Hasan will add a Sunapsis category in the KACE tickets.
      4. Jim and Sherri will contact Lee and possibly set up a conference call to find out what he needs so that we can start on the application piece.
      5. Sherri will keep us updated on the status of the Sunapsis ticket regarding the report configuration.
      6. Linda will move the recurring meeting to Tuesday from 2-3 pm so that Lee will be able to join us.