Project Goals and Objectives
- Implement Starfish EARLY ALERT, a system that automatically detects students who are
at-risk by reviewing grades in the online grade book, monitoring participation in
online portions of a course and recording when students do not complete their course
work by the assigned deadlines. The system also allows a student’s support network
(e.g., instructors, advisors, counselors and resident hall staff) to manually flag
students that have poor attendance, academic trouble, financial difficulty, social
stresses or even more serious concerns. When a student is identified to be at-risk,
Starfish EARLY ALERT, in compliance with FERPA guidelines, immediately notifies the
appropriate individuals to directly intervene.
- Install Starfish Early Alert for both Foothill and De-Anza Colleges based on the
best practice suggested by the vendor
- Provide Single Sign On through MyPortal integration
- Train-the-trainer training will be provided for both colleges and ETS
staff to operate Starfish Early Alert.
- Establish common business practices for both colleges to operate Starfish Early Alert.
- Establish security and support protocols for the continuity of operation for Starfish
Critical Success Factors
- Agreement on the project implementation team members, and project
- Both colleges commit resources to the training and operating of Starfish Early Alert,
participate in the implementation process.
- Define common business practices and reach agreement between both
- On time delivery of the test and production instances by ETS and Starfish
- On time completion of the security access setup and single sign on
configuration in MyPortal.
- On time completion of the localization of Starfish Early Alert for both colleges'
- On time completion of the scheduled pilot testing and go live preparation
- Pass the go live preparation check list provided by the Starfish Early Alert vendor.
- Go Live on schedule.
- Secure agreement from both colleges and contract approved by the board by
- Conduct the on-site business process analysis by end of March, 2016.
- Complete the test and production instances by April 29, 2016.
- Complete the R25 to 25Live database migration by April 29, 2016.
- Complete the user and viewer seats after migration to SaaS (after April 29, 2016).
- Attend and complete the configuration courses before the second on-site engagement
- Manage 25Live data and security
- Configure 25Live
- Localization of the 25Live systems to FHDA requirements and configure SSO and MyPortal
connectors, create local user accounts, test and review security and access by May
- Second on-site visit by CollegeNet consultant by June 20, 2016.
- Complete security settings, access, and assignment/notification policies by June 20,
- First round of Pilot testing completed by June 27, 2016.
- Second round of Pilot testing completed by July 22, 2016.
- FHDA training materials, online video and Portal channel completed by August 19, 2016.
- Complete 25Live user training in preparation to go live before August 26, 2016.
- Pass the pre-production final check by August 26, 2016.
- System Go Live on August 31, 2016.
- Post go Live: Build and publish event calendar.
User Training Materials
Technical Documents and Links (for internal use)
Project Team Organization
Project Meeting & Schedule Information