Office365 Project Meeting Minutes
November 4, 2015 11:00 a.m.-noon
Attendees : Heidi King, Sharon Luciw, Lisa Hocevar, John Vandercook, Jose Rueda, Kam Chedid, Pam Eberhardt, Chien Shih, Mahmood Hasan, Deepa Prasad, Claire Chang, Linda Koyama
- Project Status
- Version History: When co-editing, there are versions saved periodically which can
be reverted to if the modifications are not desired.
- Yammer will not be used at this time.
- New discussion group has been created in the newsfeed and is being used by our new
super users for feedback and questions.
- Onedrive and Office sync: Claire heard back from Microsoft and confirmed that in
order to make it work even in Office 2016, it currently requires modifications to
the registry key which we do not want to do at this time.
- Textboxes, images, equations, graphs and charts cannot be edited in word online; it
must be downloaded, modified and then uploaded again to Onedrive. In the viewer it
looks fine but if you try to edit online, your images are gone. More reason to see
- At this time we will not be downloading the 5 free versions of Office. (It tracks
how many and where you download).
- Kelly, Marty and Heidi are working on a customized training video.
- Deepa is working with Kelly on the template for testing of different mobile devices
and operating system versions.
- CAS screen still pops up occasionally-still investigating.
- In the De Anza lab on a shared computer, after logging out, and closing the browser,
the next user logged into MyPortal and when they launced O365, the previous user's
account was still logged on until the cache was cleared. We need to make sure that
all the windows were closed. Heidi will try and replicate the problem.
- ETS is working on autoprovisioning for the entire District's 3,600 users (Dec. 14th
- There are no plans to move to Windows 10 at this time.
- Heidi is composing a quick start user guide of O365. Heidi will be providing "Getting
Started Workshops" noon-1pm for the first two weeks in January.
- Action items:
- Investigate problem Heidi reported at the MLC lab, logging into O365 on a shared computer
and accessing the previous person's O365 account even though they had logged off.
- Claire is working on getting enough Onedrive licenses and will keep Pam in the loop.
- We need to test 2016 Mac and Windows version for sync; tech services will include Claire and work on testing. Need to test older machine's limitations with Microsoft 2016.
- Investigate problem Heidi reported at the MLC lab, logging into O365 on a shared computer and accessing the previous person's O365 account even though they had logged off.
- Version History: When co-editing, there are versions saved periodically which can be reverted to if the modifications are not desired.